Kubuntu Translations Day
It's not a secret that Kubuntu translations have needed love for some time, but it's not a secret that we want to make Kubuntu Karmic a rock-solid release on translations, either.
So, what's this?We'd like to get Kubuntu translations in shape for Karmic and we're organising a whole day event with this purpose.
- WHAT: Kubuntu Translations Day
- WHERE: #kubuntu-devel IRC channel on Freenode
- WHEN: Wednesday, the 29th of July 2009
How can I participate?You simply need to join us on #kubuntu-devel on that day and be willing to make Kubuntu translations rock!
Here are some suggestions for activities you can do.
If you are a:
- Help getting the Karmic translation templates in shape
- Find untranslated or non-translatable Kubuntu applications or messages and report bugs against the Ubuntu Translations project
- Report or fix Kubuntu other i18n/l10n bugs
- Submit fixes and translations upstream
- If you know your language is well translated upstream but you find untranslated Kubuntu applications, come and tell us at #kubuntu-devel or report it at the Ubuntu Translations project
- Are messages not well translated in your language? Come and tell us! You can also provide better suggestions if you like
- Have you ever thought of joining a K/Ubuntu translation team and become a full-fledged translator? Well, the time is now! ;)
- Report or fix Kubuntu i18n/l10n bugs
- Help documenting the Kubuntu translations lifecycle
- Help users and translators with their questions
- Who said that developers couldn't translate? Have you ever considered joining a K/Ubuntu translation team?
We'll be at #kubuntu-devel all day and we'll be happy to answer all your questions on how to help.
Hope to see you there next week!